HELP WINDOWS XP

Leonard Smith lenrsmith at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 03:19:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 22:41 -0400, Jake wrote:
> Ok, I've been through this so many times, "you have to press ESC", "Is
> there", well no, its not, can anyone just PLEASE tell me how to
> UNINSTALL Ubuntu, so I can get on Windows XP and re-install Ubuntu to
> dual boot, Please do not tell me that I don't have to uninstall,
> because the fact of the matter is, I really need do, so Please help
> me..
>
> Help Greatly Appreciated, Jake

I'm assuming Ubuntu is booting fine. If so, you will need to do some
checking in order to verify that you still have WinXP on your system.

1. Go ahead and post your menu.lst file. You may have a line commented
out that is preventing the Windows XP option from showing.

2. Open a terminal and type 'fdisk -l'. Copy the output and post it.
This will list your existing partition information. You can also use
'gparted' to view it in a gui, but it may not be installed on your
system. (to install type 'sudo apt-get install gparted' in a terminal).

Leonard