The Ubuntu Experiment

Steve C. Lamb grey at dmiyu.org
Tue Aug 5 00:15:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 08:59:04PM -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > 2008/7/31 Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca>:
> > Here, you are making the common mistake of confusing common sense with
> > familiarity in a given field. The known ways of avoiding viruses are
> > NOT common sense, but they are well known and ingrained in anyone with
> > a few YEARS experience on the 'net.

> I hadn't thought of it in those terms, but you're probably right

    No.  Anyone who has spent years as a human being should know better.  It
starts pretty young with "Don't take candy from strangers,"  "If it's too good
to be true it probably is," and other such sayings.  It's the same thing, just
a different context.

       PGP Key: 1FC01004       | main connection to the switchboard of souls.