Intel wireless NIC 3945ABG doesn't work under Hardy (with latest patches)

Leif Gregory ldgregory69 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 15:16:47 UTC 2008

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 17:12:28 +0200
Sven <aluoor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anybody can connect with a Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG card to
> encrypted (WPA/AES) AP?

Yes. I don't remember doing anything special to get it working to be
honest. IIRC it worked right out of the box for me. This laptop has
been upgraded from Feisty to Gutsy to Hardy, so it could have been
working fine in Feisty and whatever changed in between then and now
didn't mess with whatever was working. I'll give you dumps of whatever
command you want to see for the wireless config stuff.

Here's lshw -C
  *-network
       product: PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci at 0000:03:00.0
       logical name: wmaster0
       version: 02
       serial: 00:18:de:1f:3d:36
       width: 32 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: bus_master cap_list logical ethernet physical
wireless configuration: broadcast=yes driver=iwl3945 latency=0
module=iwl3945 multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11g

I even move around between multiple APs at my house, wife's work, and
sister-in-laws house. All running WPA/TKIP.

--
Leif Gregory
Power Wagon Registry:  http://powerwagonregistry.org