No subject

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Mon Aug 4 08:51:42 UTC 2008

Nicolae Ghimbovschi wrote:
> Did you install grub boot loader ?
>
> If yes , then :
>
> When your computer starts try to press the Up/Down key. If grub is
> installed and configured
> to boot windows (it might be as Other OS  in grub menu), you will be
> able to boot in windows.

With Ubuntu 8.04 you first have to press the ESC key to get the Grub menu.
Then you can select the wanted OS using up/down.

If you want to have the menu automatically at every boot, you should
change the line which now reads

hiddenmenu

so it looks like this:

#hiddenmenu

You can also change the operating system booted as default by changing the
number in the line

default         0

to point to the wanted OS. For Windows it is probably 3, but I don't have
a standard dual boot installation here so I can't check it.

Nils