saving flv files streamed over rtmp

gingerk gingerkadenist at aol.com
Fri Aug 1 12:59:59 UTC 2008

I wasn't using the grab-it /button/ - I was doing it the way where you
> start grab-it separately (from the 'tools' menu of orbit), then start
> playing the video in firefox, then look in the grab-it window to see
> what files come up. If one comes up that looks like the file you want
> (probably has the file type 'flv'), then right click on that line and
> click download to start downloading it in orbit.
>
> Could you try this first yourself before asking me to do it here? I
> don't mind giving it a go if you can't get it to work for you, but not
> until you've tried this method and found whether it works.
>
> Thanks,
>
> andy

Hi, yep I actually already tried that method...that's what results in the
continuous retries and eventual time out. I just tested it again to be sure
and got the same results. The file does show up in the Grab++ window
(219646971_1691169408_Watchmen-Crudup.flv) but then just keeps giving me the
repeated "Connected...Waiting for Retry". Maybe something is off with my
settings - that's why I figured if it works for you, then we can figure out
what I'm doing wrong, and if not, then it probably means it just can't be
captured. Let me know if you or anyone else here is willing/able to give it
a shot, I'd really appreciate any help on finding out if it's doable:
http://www.ew.com/ew/video/festivals?bcpid=1378342280&bclid=1683773559&bctid=1689589879

Thanks again!