saving flv files streamed over rtmp

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Fri Aug 1 07:31:19 UTC 2008

gingerk wrote:
> Hi Andy...for me, the "grab it" button does not show up for that particular
> link. I feel like I've tried everything. Could I possibly trouble you to
> give it a try? If it works for you, then perhaps I'm personally just doing
> something wrong. But if you can't manage to save that video, then maybe it's
> just not possible. If you're able to try it out and let me know for sure, I
> would very much appreciate it...it's driving me crazy that this seems to be
> the one video I can't capture, and of course it's one that I really, really
> want  :*)

I wasn't using the grab-it /button/ - I was doing it the way where you
start grab-it separately (from the 'tools' menu of orbit), then start
playing the video in firefox, then look in the grab-it window to see
what files come up. If one comes up that looks like the file you want
(probably has the file type 'flv'), then right click on that line and
click download to start downloading it in orbit.

Could you try this first yourself before asking me to do it here? I
don't mind giving it a go if you can't get it to work for you, but not
until you've tried this method and found whether it works.

Thanks,

andy