intrepid and nvidia

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Sun Aug 3 01:19:31 UTC 2008

David Fox wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com> wrote:
>> I am installed 2.6.26-5-generic on my hardy box, which 'fixed'
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/228548
>>
>> but now nvidia binary isn't loading:
>
> Anytime you have to change the kernel you need to recompile the kernel
> portion of the nvidia driver. Did you do that?

Um, not sure.  I have never had to do what i would call 'compile' - like
make/make install - but I guess maybe the installer does stuff?  what I did do:

I installed linux-image-2.6.26-5-generic_2.6.26-5.13_i386.deb  (21.0 MiB)  from

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/intrepid/i386/linux-image-2.6.26-5-generic/2.6.26-5.13

so I am guessing I need to find something like

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/intrepid/i386/linux-restricted-modules-2.6.26-5-generic/2.6.26-5.11

but that didn't help.

Carl K