Win98 -- all kidding aside

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Aug 1 13:54:10 UTC 2008

Bart Silverstrim wrote:
> Jimmy Montague wrote:
>
>> What's obvious to me is this: The fact that I don't like you is NOT
>> fine with you, Bart Silverstrim. If it was fine with you, you wouldn't
>> have posted this particular bit of poison. You promised me that you and
>> I were quits. I've been trying to get rid of you (remember I told you to
>> answer the question or butt out of the thread?) for several days, now,
>> but, like a case of clap in a trailer court, you just keep coming back.
>>
>> Go away. Don't post to me. Leave me alone.
>>

> If you answer my questions in a civil manner, I'll be more than glad to
> "leave you alone". I have extended an olive branch to you, I've tried
> being nice to you, and have respect for your service in the military as
> I respect my grandfather's service.
>

>> About Res -- as near as I can tell he has every reason to piss you off.
>> I don't know anything about the guy but I don't need to know anything
>> about the guy to understand why he pisses you off.
>>

> Oh? Why does he piss me off?
>
> I didn't post any poison, as you put it. I said if you do a google of
> his email address you'll see a pattern in behavior.
>

>> I have no intention of "hitching my wagon" to anyone. I will listen to
>> anyone who replies to questions THAT I POSE with solutions that work.
>> But after enduring two days of condescension and lies from you
>>

> What lies are you talking about? I haven't lied once to you. Post where
> I did, and I'll gladly take it back and admit my mistake.
>
> All I'm asking is that you'd do otherwise.
>

>> and your
>> pals (with the occasional relevant but-ineffective-suggestion thrown
>> in), my floppy drive still doesn't work. The lies and condescension
>> would tolerable if only you knew what you're talking about. I'm not
>> afraid of the Socratic method, but (about floppies on Ubuntu, at least)
>> you seem to have nothing to teach and so I get nothing for my tolerance
>> of you.
>>

> Actually I think you're showing a lot of intolerance. My last post to
> you had an olive branch, if you read it.
>

>> You said you were finished with me. So be that. It's one idea of yours I
>> find entirely to my liking because I'm sure it will work for both of us.
>>

> Where did I *ever* say I was "finished with" you? There was someone else
> who said it. The least you could do is keep us straight.
>
> Ever thank NoOp for filing the bug report for you and confirming the issue?

    I think this has gone on long enough. All the names here are good
intelligent Ubuntu users who, like me enjoy helping others. I had a real
joy this morning. I helped a guy on this list and he bothered to send me
a personal email thanking me. This makes you feel good.

     Res decided to call some of these people bad names. If you were to
ask I bet he is sorry he did that. I get off track some times and get
hate mail. I just ignore it. I suggest that we all just IGNORE hate mail.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User