/etc/apt/sources.list

Markus Schönhaber ubuntu-users at list-post.mks-mail.de
Fri Aug 1 09:52:18 UTC 2008

catalina wrote:
> I tried /etc/apt/sources.list , but got < permission denied>
> Can you please tell me what i did wrong?

You tried to execute a text file that isn't marked as executable. And
even if it was it wouldn't help you much, since the only thing that
would change would be the error message.

If you want to look at /etc/apt/source.list, open it with the text
editor of your choice.
If you want to manipulate it's contents, start your preferred editor
with the appropriate sudo mechanism. Or, much better, use, for example,
Synaptic's interface to do it.

If the above doesn't help you, describe what exactly you want to achieve.

Regards
  mks