banned by ip

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Apr 30 23:05:49 UTC 2008

Bart Silverstrim wrote:
> Kipton Moravec wrote:
>

>> Awhile back on another technical email list, someone asked us how to
>> make a cell phone close a switch when you called its number. It seemed
>> fishy and even more so when we found his IP address was in Egypt. That
>> is one way terrorists detonate bombs remotely. When we questioned him
>> about the use, he claimed to have a number of cell phones (with
>> different numbers) he was using for home automation. He "wanted to be
>> able to turn on the lights when he was on his way home".  We did not
>> tell him how to do it, it did not sound right.
>>

> What an idiot.  Obviously you call someone at home and ask them to flip
> the switch for you. Sheesh.

    Here is one to ponder. We are old as the hills and my bride has lost
her voice. I did a Google search and found the exact speaker and mike
that she can use to amplify her voice. Price? $850.00!

    I looked in the Wal Mart store and found a portable sterio speaker
system you can plug in a I-Pod and get loud stuff. I ordered one for
$17.95 and will search for a mike and amplifier up to I-Pod level :-)

    Might have $25.00 in the gadget.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI