banned by ip

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Wed Apr 30 17:18:13 UTC 2008

Arthur wrote:
> thanks derek ! i was getting disapointed... if it wasn't for you.
>
> I have a few solutions that i m working with right now : install my own
> proxy (tor/privoxy) or to simply use an external proxy server (this is where
> it gets tricky because i have to put my whole lan to use the proxy).
>
> I wanted to know what you guys are using/doing when you get banned based on
> your ip address ? & i m getting a lot of help actually : one thinks i'd
> better call my isp & another thinks i m hacking websites ... one was even
> more helpful & told me YES.

I might have missed something here, but what exactly were you banned
from?  What did you do to get banned?

I mean, you can be blacklisted for spam, your ISP may block particular
traffic, a website might block your ISP's whole domain if you're abusing
it...what exactly is going on?  You can't just throw out there "I'm
banned and want to get around it."  There's a few ways to do it and
other reasons for doing it.