Hardy Heron Live CD startup

Peter Hillier-Brook phb at hbsys.plus.com
Wed Apr 30 15:48:23 UTC 2008

Apologies if this is an FAQ that I haven't been able to locate, but...

On one of my machines the Live CD boots to a BusyBox shell with a user
prompt of (initramfs) no matter what boot option I select. As I'm
thinking of migrating from Debian to Ubuntu on this system it would
obviously be helpful to get past this point! :-)

The CPU is a Pentium III at 800 mHz with 768 MB of RAM and is perfectly
happy to run Debian Etch, so is presumably compatible with Ubuntu.

Any thoughts anyone?

Peter HB