How do I uninstall Evolution?

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Apr 29 21:09:08 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:
> Francis Earl wrote:
>
>> Hello, to avoid any issues uninstalling evolution, simply do not
>> uninstall 'evolution-data-server' or 'evolution-common'
       Snip

>     I have my beta Hardy running and updated fine. I am going to use
> what the two web pages say to do. This is apt-get remove evolution and
> then if it works fine. If not I will re-install Hardy. Then tell the web
> pages to remove their faulty instructions :-)
>
> Karl

    I am on Hardy now after doing the call the web pages recommended
which is:

$ sudo apt-get remove evolution

This worked fine on Hardy and it did remove Evolution completely. Harty
seems to have no idea Evolution is removed and my Desktop is fine and
all that is working well.

    So you can remove Evolution from Hardy with fear. No loud noise :-)

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User