8.04 LTS Fails Install Error 16

Clint Tinsley clintin at linuxmail.org
Sun Apr 27 08:25:54 UTC 2008

I have a Compaq Presario PIII laptop and 7.10 installs fine on/works.  I have tried to install 8.04 two different ways.  An 8.04 install from the CD, fails at about 40% of file copy, complains about the hard drive or need for a cooler system...  Intalled a fresh 7.10 install, and did the 8.04 LTS upgrade from the software updater, that all looked good (desktop artwork not withstanding), but on reboot to finish, I now get an error 16 Inconsistent filesystem structure.  I am not willing to accespt that I have a bad hard disk as it works fine with 7.10 and has been for a number of months.

Anyone having a similar problem and found resolution.

Clint