[Hardy]How do I downgrade Openoffice2.4 back to 2.3.1

John Toliver john.toliver at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 06:48:04 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 13:27 -0700, NoOp wrote:

> However, I suspect that the problem you are having is that (U)OOo
> isn't
> completely installed.

Correct.  I had to completely remove all of 2.4 and then reinstall it.it
finally worked and then choked on a database I wrote in 2.3.1.  As of
yet now work around so I still ended up having to downgrade.  Here is
the launchpad link for an explanation of everything I did:

basically restored my gutsy sources.list file and manually forced
install all the packages that make up 2.3.1.  I have no idea what kind
of havoc I'm in for but for the time being the system is holding steady

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/93546/comments/31
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/93546/comments/32
>
> Open Synaptic & search on openoffice.org. Make sure that you have
> these
> installed:
>
> openoffice.org-base
> openoffice.org-java-common

I verified those each time and they were installed and it still gave me
a hard time.  I later discovered that it had something to do with
my .openoffice.org2 profile in my ~/ directory.  When I used the fresh
profile created with the install it opened the database.  However when I
opened it with the old profile I had from 2.3 (I have a lot of settings
I'd rather not have to recreate) it gave me problems and claimed Java
was either broken, or not installed.

At any rate thanks for your help noOp