[Hardy]How do I downgrade Openoffice2.4 back to 2.3.1

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 25 20:27:42 UTC 2008

On 04/25/2008 12:54 PM, John Toliver wrote:
> I ran into an issue where 2.4 can't see my installation of Java and when I
> try to run a report from the database (which relies on Java) the report
> blows up.  This worked on 2.3.1 and upgrading to hardy from gutsy was the
> only changed so I know it's open office.
>
> How can I downgrade only openoffice.  I thought I could by enabling gutsy
> repos but whenever I reload from synaptic, I can only see the 2.4 version.
>
> Thanks in advance,

You can run parallel versions of OOo by following the instructions here:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Run_OOo_versions_parallel

Follow the DEB instructions. That way you can keep your 2.4 *and* run
2.3.1 (standard version - not Ubuntu version). YOu can even run them at
the same time.

However, I suspect that the problem you are having is that (U)OOo isn't
completely installed. For whatever reason, there wasn't sufficient space
on the CD to include all of the proper OOo packages. I discovered this
when trying to get address sources to work awhile back, see:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/93546/comments/31
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/93546/comments/32

Open Synaptic & search on openoffice.org. Make sure that you have these
installed:

openoffice.org-base
openoffice.org-java-common

Reopen OOo and then make sure that your java is enabled: Tools|Options|Java