Video driver problem on upgrade to Hardy

Paolo paolo2 at taize.fr
Thu Apr 24 18:09:44 UTC 2008

NoOp wrote:
> You'll probably want to put xserver-xorg-video-ati back.

Yes, it's there.

> However, for your screen resolution:
>
> Applications|Other|Screens

No such option. I have Applications | Other | ATI Catalyst Control Center
(which says Problem ... No ATI graphics driver is installed, or the ATI driver
is not functioning properly...)

and Graphics if System|Preferences|Screen
> Resolution isn't working.

When I try to go there, I get the message: "The X Server does not support the
XRandR extension. Runtime resolution changes to the display size are not available."

- - -

At present the screen is running at the right resolution, but *extremely* slowly.

Paolo