PDF vs Printers

Jeffrey Tooker Jeffreytooker at msn.com
Sat Apr 19 23:22:06 UTC 2008

<<<-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Ioannis Vranos
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2008 3:50 PM
To: Ubuntu user technical support,not for general discussions
Subject: Re: PDF vs Printers

Jeffrey it is good to remind us what version of Ubuntu are you running
and what model is your printer.

Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

I am running Ubuntu 7.10 and the printer is a Lexmark Z31 on a paralell
cable local to the machine.

As I said in my previous post I am fighting my way through getting the
printer up.  In some ways it is a good thing.  It will help me in learning
what the system is all about.  It will get me away from Windows point and
click and not understand what is actually happening in the machine. I am
finding that Ubuntu is strong.  I have locked it up a number of times in the
passed few days and had to cut power and restart.  Ubuntu seems to come back
every time when re booted.  This is giving me confidence to work with my
decicated Ubuntu machine.  I will not be afraid of locking it up and never
getting it back.  I am begining to make sense of the file structure and the
folder names.  With more exposure it will make more sense.

Jeffrey Tooker
Paynes Creek Ca.