Sharing Bookmark with Ubuntu & WIN Firefoxes ?

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Sat Apr 19 14:24:50 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 09:09 -0400, Phil Sexton wrote:
> SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux wrote:
>
> > Hi Jack
> > I know about Google Bar this feature !
> > I do not like this kind of EXTRA status bars always reducing again some
> > screen sizes !!
> > I am very happy with plain FF and some of the really needed
> > extensions !!! ;-D
> >
> > How can I access to my bookmarks if on a another system WITHOUT this
> > Google Bar ???
> > Can I go to a "My Google Bar" Website and acess from there like with "My
> > Foxmark" ??
> >
> > I am using on 3 OS'es and many PC's and Foxmarks solves exactly what I
> > need:
> > Permanent sync'ing when starting and ending the browser sessions:
> > Perfect !
> >
> > Cheers, svobi
>
> I have an e-mail account at linuxmail.org and I sent an e-mail to
> that account with my bookmarks file attached.
>
> When I am at another computer than my home box, I just open that
> e-mail and there are all my bookmarks.
>
> HTH

Hi Phil
Thanks for your feedback !
Well, that's an possibility, if one knows !! ;-)

Additionally to my normal user e-mail accounts I do have an extra
account for each workstations as a Workstation System Admin box with
some permanent files stored there !!! ;-D

Unfortunately the bookmark is quite dynamic and changes quite quick and
so I did not do this because the stored copy of the bookmark gets
obsolete too fast. ;-)

Beside of this: I am having my maintained bookmarks on Foxmarks.com and
can acess there anytime if needed. ;-))

Cheers, svobi