Tweaking Tips

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Fri Apr 18 06:38:18 UTC 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Also, you will have to define clearly who the intended
> recipient is. You sent your message to a public mailing list. That
> means that thousands of people will have your mail delivered directly
> into their mailbox. Are they all the intended recipients? How about
> the archive bots? They are subscribers just like the humans are.

It is quite easy to find out if you are the intended recipient. Just look
at the "To:" and "CC:" fields of the message. If your email address isn't
included, you are not the intended recipient. Therefore, maybe you should
better not give any help but return the message as requested.

OTOH, I don't think it is wise to make fun of poor people who don't have
the money needed for internet access at home, but only have the
possibility to use their company mail account for communication. If that
company automatically appends a nonsense boilerplate to every mail, I
don't think it is good advertising for the company, but that's another
story.

Nils