HTTP Proxy

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Apr 16 20:11:05 UTC 2008

I have a satellite modem, and it's not uncommon for me to have no connection
to the Internet (eg, this won't be going out for some time, as we haven't
had a network connection for a week).

I want an HTTP proxy that is smart enough to return cached pages any time it
can't find the Internet, but all the proxies I've tried either need to be
manually switched to "offline", or their configuration is too arcane to
make it obvious how to do this.  Does anybody know of such a beast?

As a last resort, I could run a cron job that would set the proxy offline if
it couldn't get a DNS result, but that's work ...
--
derek