TopPosting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lorenzo Taylor daxlinux at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 18:37:22 UTC 2008

> Quote from Mario Vukelic:
> select a part of the message that you want to reply to, and press the
> reply button after that. Then only the selected part will be quoted
>
> Somehow this isn't working for me. I'm getting a blank reply with no
> quote or attribution at all. Do I still need to turn quoting on in my
> preferences? I don't want to do that, because that would mean I  would
> have to start with a quote of the entire previous message and would
> have to delete all that quoting if I don't want to quote. And then
> only if I want to quote would I be able to select the part I choose to
> quote. Basically, I want a totally blank message when replying unless
> I'm selecting parts to quote. With that selection, I want a short
> attribution such as:
>
> Quoting John Doe:
or
John Doe said:

or the manual attribution I wrote at the top of this message rather than
the big long line Evolution gives me that looks something like:

> On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 00:28 -0400, Lorenzo Taylor wrote:

See, this paste quotation thing at least seems to work quite well, I
guess I just have to do the attribution manually if I want something
short and to the point, although I can't really complain too much about
Evo's built-in attribution, since anything I've ever seen in Evo or TB
or anywhere else for that matter is much better than the