customizing a ubuntu live cd

Donald Raikes don at draikes.com
Wed Apr 16 18:33:54 UTC 2008

Hello,

Now that I have everything working hte way I like in ubuntu, I have a
need to occassionally take it all with me as I travel.

I read about the remastersys package for creating a livecd, but what I
would really like is to take that process and then make my livecd such
that it will automatically append the persistent option to the boot and
so that it will always boot into gnome with my orca prefferences in
place.

So in other words, I would like to have the ability to boot and not have
to press f6 and add persistent or press f5 and select screen reader
mode.

Can this be done via the isolinux configuration or is there another way
to do it?