ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 44, Issue 168

Aart Koelewijn aart at mtack.xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 16 14:39:12 UTC 2008

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:12:03 -0400, Albert Charron wrote:

> Chris.Masih at crawco.co.uk wrote:
>>
>> hey guys
>> please do me a favour and hash out any swear words cos otherwise emails
>> can be blocked at
>> my work address, im sure im not the only one who would have this
>> problem cheers
>
> I have the exact same problem with my mail host. They run spam filtering
> at the SMTP level and I often get kicked of the mailing list because of
> bounced e-mails. This is really annoying, but I have to admit it is less
> annoying than have hundreds of spam e-mails per day hitting my
> mailbox...

They should never bounce what they think is spam. The return address of
real spam is almost always fake. My internet connection was once was
completely useless because it was flooded with bounced spam to a faked
address in my domain (which I off course rejected because the address did
not exist, and then often got back bounced again)

Aart