TinyURL (Was: 8.04?)

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 10 18:58:58 UTC 2008

On 04/10/2008 07:40 AM, Travis Smith wrote:
> Just seen this they do have a preview feature that in this case if you typed
> in preview  before the link like http://preview.tinyurl.com/3m4tt then it
> would tell you *Notice from TinyURL admin: This URL opens a lot of windows
> with reportedly "distasteful" pictures and has audio saying "Hey everybody,
> I'm looking at gay porno." It may also crash your browser/computer.
>
> *Which is helpful if your dying to click on someones posted tinyurl but
> worried about were it will take you.

That (IMHO) is the _only_ way that tinyurl links should be posted
(preview mode). That said, when posting long urls, please put them
between <> and they generally won't wrap in standard browsers. Examples:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?s=669ff57ba11839294370fa6dd073ebe6&t=494673&page=2

<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?s=669ff57ba11839294370fa6dd073ebe6&t=494673&page=2>