Evolution and Yahoo Mail

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 10 04:31:38 UTC 2008

--- Keith Clark <keithclark1966 at rogers.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to import all of Yahoo Mail's folders
> and email into
> Evolution?  It would be nice to keep the directory
> structure of Yahoo.
>
> Also, once that has been done (if possible that is),
> do I have to turn
> off Yahoo's filters so that Evolution can grab all
> the mail and sort it
> according to it's rules?
>
> I'd like to be able to keep both Yahoo and Evolution
> syncronized if at
> all feasible.  If not, now that I have ssh running,
> I could always just
> log into my server remotely to get my email.
>
> Keith

I have an ATTYahoo DSL service which is paid for
through ATT(was SBC).  With this come an att.my.yahoo
home page and web mail. I guess this is what Steve was
referring to as a paid account. In any case, I've set
the pop account and smtp account up in evolution,
thunderbird and mozilla mail. The inbox in these mail
programs contain all new mail including the bulk
folder mail which are marked as Bulk. And sorting all
the bulk marked mail to a seperate Spam or bulk folder
is a real bitch. Haven't figured a way to get the
downloaded mail sorted into the folders as the web
mail does; if even possible.  I would like to know how
to sort it as the web mail does also.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net