Where are the crash information stored?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Wed Oct 31 18:12:22 UTC 2007

Hi,

Most (all?) log files are in /var/log.

The "messages" log gathers logs from various sources, I think at least
the kernel log, plus some user level activity as well. So that would be
a good place to start from, I would think.

BTW, I too have experience strange thing since upgrading to Gutsy the
other day : I switched to console (VT1), ran 'top', it exited just
fine. However when I tried to go back to VT7 or 8, where X/Gnome is,
the computer froze completely, had to press the reset button ! :-/
And the day after, X restarted all of a sudden, while I was
peacefully using Gnome, a bit scary if you ask me...
This plus other little things, so I am not terribly impressed by Gutsy
over Feisty. So I am already looking forward to "Hardy", hoping it will
improve the picture, hum hum... I am day dreaming again.

HTH

--
Vince