Ubuntu 7.10 on laptop - print queue control

Bernard bernard at tnauk.org.uk
Mon Oct 29 13:16:59 UTC 2007

Up until Feisty it was possible to set a printer on- or off-line from
the print queue control window, currently entitled "Document print
status".  In 7.10 this facility has been removed.  For laptop use, this
facility was very useful.  Please could restoration be considered in the
next release?

Yes, there are other 'official' ways round, but they are convoluted.
Laptop users need something nice and simple.

In the meantime, I've written my own command line tool.  I doubt that'd
be considered as generally acceptable, however.

But many thanks for another beautiful release!

PS  Support documentation still currently defaults to 7.04....
--

Bernard Moreton
IT Manager, TNAUK

DDI: 01 435 869 316