Ubuntu 7.10 : Low Resolution For Acer AL1706

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 12:55:35 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-28-10 at 08:12 +0000, Lee Tambiah wrote:
> On 10/28/07, ajay kumar <toajai at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Can anyone give me his xorg.conf settings to try or any pointers.....
>
> Your missing the resolution modes, i.e you only see 800x600 in your
> xorg.conf therefore its only displaying that resolution. Actually the
> tool under "System>Administration>Screen and Graphics" may fix this
> for you if you select what you require from there, you probably get
> your resolutions back.
It's also possible that you have to increase the amount of ram alloted
to your video card in the BIOS settings.  I've had that issue with Intel
onboard video before.
Parenthetically, I'm not sure how Windows 'gets around' this - their
driver must adjust that setting on the fly from Windows? (anybody that
really knows please let me know ;-)

Brian