Ubuntu 7.10 : Low Resolution For Acer AL1706

ajay kumar toajai at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 28 12:52:40 UTC 2007

>Your missing the resolution modes, i.e you only see 800x600 in your
>xorg.conf therefore its only displaying that resolution. Actually the
>tool under "System>Administration>Screen and Graphics" may fix this
>for you if you select what you require from there, you probably get
>your resolutions back.

Well, I have tried that ,it somehows fails to get the right resolution,the screens flickers for sometime and finally settles for 800x600.
I didn't see this issue on windows.

Also when the machine reboots I see this message  on console 0.
usplash : Setting mode 1280x1024 failed
usplash : Setting mode 1280x864 failed
usplash : Setting mode 1024x768 failed
Using mode 800x600