New to Ubuntu

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Sun Oct 28 04:21:14 UTC 2007

Hello
I am new to Ubuntu (new installed 7.10) too ;-)
It runs quite nice but I am still struggling with proper NW settings !

The laptop has 2 NIC's: Wired & Wireless and all IP addresses are
static !!

How would a Linux / Ubuntu NW expert manually setup from scratch ???

I would like to setup as following:

Wireless: 192.168.xyz.222 static plus the essid
Wired:	  192.168.xyz.232 static

I intend to set / switch from either wireless to wired and vice-versa
myself depending on the needs in the respective environments !!!

Your advice and guidance is very appreciated.

TIA and best regards
svobi