NIC Settings for IBM Thinkpad T30 / wired & wireless

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Sat Oct 27 06:38:25 UTC 2007

Hi Michael,
Thank's, OOPpss ...
... and sorry !!!

Well, I misinterpreted between external static IP from the ISP ...
... and the internal ones going to the WL-MAPR !!

All system's IP here are static !

1) DHPC is disabled
2) Each system has its own WS # from 221 up to 22x and
2a) My system has IP 222 for WL & 232 for wired
3) Each PP-PS (ParallelPort Printservers)) has its own IP 183 & 184
and all are going via the WL-MAPR ;-)

I was especially wondering about the "wireless-essid [my essid]" entry !
If connected wired I do NOT need this entry !?
It's only needed with WL and set with wlan0 !?

You wrote your interfaces is empty !
Shall I empty mine too ...
... or do I add the wlan0 data ?

Your advice is hot awaited ;-)