desktop effects

John Dangler jdangler at terremark.com
Fri Oct 26 16:47:21 UTC 2007

After some more googling and reading, I found that I was missing
xserver-glfx ... installing this and restarting X actually gave me a 95%
solution.  Everything works except the cube effects.  When I login to
gdm, I got a message saying that X had a spec on my keyboard of US INTL
and gnome had PC102.  Since the US INTL settings had caused strange
behavior with things like quotes, etc (had to type them twice to use
sequence doesn't have an effect on the desktop any longer.  Is there a
way to put this back to see if it resolves the other 5% of the problem ?