PowerPC gutsy install disaster

James Tappin sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Wed Oct 24 22:09:44 UTC 2007

Since the root partition on my iBook G3 had become too small and there
were 20 GB of dead-space on my HD containing MacOS X which I've not used
in 2 years I decided to back the whole lot up to an external drive and
repartition.

Live CD: No boot at all.
Alternate: Boots and installs, but then on the reboot it hangs up as
soon as the kernel starts to boot (as best I can tell it's made an
invalid initramfs).

Has anyone had any better luck with similar systems (either with the
Kubuntu or the Ubuntu CD's), or know of any way to resolve the problem
(other than downloading the Fiesty CD and starting from there)

TIA
	James

P.S. apologies for cross-posting, but I'd really like to get both
general and kubuntu-specific ideas.

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |