Cloned Ubuntu Unresponsive.

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 08:03:43 UTC 2007

On 10/23/07, Carlo Taguinod <cvtaguinod at gmail.com> wrote:

> I hit the send button to early, here's the edited reply:
>
> try to log into a text console and check if the SWAP has been initialized.
> don't log in X window yet, just hit ALT+F1 and log in the text console and
> issue the command "free".
> if the swap is 0 than that's causing the slowdown, just recreate the swap
> using mkswap / swapon.
>
> HTH

Thanks, this solved the problem!, I never thought that it's the culprit
since It's in UUID which I trust will solve the dynamic allocation of device
names. I wonder what went wrong...

After manually editing /etc/fstab and commenting out the UUID part to use
static device names, everything worked fine..

It has 128MB RAM (the PC's are recycled and cannibalized from old
dismembered PC's to be reused by school as internet kiosks.)

Thanks everyone!
Joel

--
"object-oriented programming is really just a common sense extension of
structured programming" - Roger Sessions