Seamonkey -- has anybody successfully installed it?

Leo Cacciari leo.cacciari at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 18:20:22 UTC 2007

Il giorno lun, 22/10/2007 alle 18.40 +0100, Steve Flynn ha scritto:
> On 22/10/2007, Pete Clapham <w.clapham at csuohio.edu> wrote:
> >
> >  Thanks for your input.  However, the ./...-bin was the first thing I tried,
> > and got the message that it couldn't find the file!  I even changed the name
> > (to make sure it was there) and did a chmod 777 to make sure that it was
> > properly executable.  Still couldn't find the file, even with the ./!  This
> > is really weird!
>
> Right - you've got me stumped then! It's difficult to know what level
> to pitch a reply at someone having a problem so I hope you weren't
> offended by my offering! :)
>
> Is the seamonkey file a script or is it a pukka executable? I'm about
> to suggest "sourcing" it if it's a script...
I'm not sure if sourcing is the best idea in this case, you may end up
with a bunch of settings in your shell you realy don't want to have.
Even worst, you may be using a different shell from the one the script
has been written for (almost sure if you use csh...).

I'd try looking at the first line, the one starting #!
Check that you have the needed shell installed _exactly_ where the
script expect it.

--
Leo