Gutsy upgrade borked

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Oct 22 13:56:59 UTC 2007

Felipe Figueiredo wrote:

> On Sunday 21 October 2007 05:54:38 johan wrote:
>> Your mother is super.
>>

> I totally agree, but that's beside the point ;-)

Not really!  I wish my mother could do as well.  Still, ever since I gave
her her first laptop (my obsolete one), she's been surprising me.

> The fact is that the upgrade process went as smooth as it should be, so I
> conclude it's safe for a medium user, with a basic install to do it on his
> own.

I'm not a medium user, and I'm ashamed to say your mother was ahead of me.
In my defence, I was waiting until I got into work with a faster pipe :-)
The upgrade is in process now.
--
derek