Linux version of Picasa

Michael R. Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Fri Oct 19 19:13:19 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 13:11 -0400, stan wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 09:54:41AM -0500, Justin Gruenberg wrote:
> > On 10/19/07, stan <stanb at panix.com> wrote:
> > As far as I know, you cannot download anything off the web with
> > Picasa.  There is a good app already for Gnome, and the name isn't
> > coming to me... check in the Add/Remove Programs thing.

There's something new called Conduit, but I don't think it does the
downloading (yet).

> I am told that the only way to download an entire album, in one step from
> Google's Picasa archive is with picasa. I don't know if this is true, or
> not. If it's not, I sure would like to know how to do it.

You are correct. The only that I know of to download the entire
picasaweb album in one shot using Google tools is with Picasa for
Windows. You can download Wicasa for Windows, install it with wine, and
see how that goes.

Now, you can also try using the Firefox Universal Uploader plugin
(fireuploader), connect to your google/picasaweb account, and copy the
files to your drive using its interface:

--
Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/