Linux version of Picasa

stan stanb at panix.com
Fri Oct 19 17:11:03 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 09:54:41AM -0500, Justin Gruenberg wrote:
> On 10/19/07, stan <stanb at panix.com> wrote:
> > > >

> > > Don't think you can. See:
> > >
> > > http://picasa.google.com/linux/faq.html#23
> > > http://picasa.google.com/linux/faq.html#20
> > >

> > Actually I had looked at those. I really don't see that they say that the
> > finction I want. Which is downlaoding an entire album from the web site is
> > NOT suported. Since I'm not much of a GUI person I'm thinking I just have
> > foudnd the "magic sequence" to acomplish this.
> >
> > Or do you see that one of these FAQ's _does_ say that downloading an entire
> > album does not work in the Linux version?
> >

> As far as I know, you cannot download anything off the web with
> Picasa.  There is a good app already for Gnome, and the name isn't
> coming to me... check in the Add/Remove Programs thing.

I am told that the only way to download an entire album, in one step from
Google's Picasa archive is with picasa. I don't know if this is true, or
not. If it's not, I sure would like to know how to do it.

--
I'm sorry, no one here has any intentions of helping you with anything.
I am the manager of all of Customer Service."