Wireless LAN CompaqW200 in Gutsy

Michele m.zarri at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 16:56:16 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have recently installed Gutsy on a (rather old) laptop and I have a number
of small issues which I would like to expose in a number of emails.

This is installment three:
The laptop is equipped with a CompaqW200 USB wireless LAN card using the
orinoco_usb driver. If when the computer starts the wireless LAN is switched
on, the computer hangs and I have to switch it off from the power button.
Unfortunately, the corollary to this issue is that somehow the laptop
"remembers" if the WLAN was on when it was switched off, so my questions:
a) is there a way to make sure that the WLAN module is off when the computer
starts?
b) are there other people experiencing the same problem?

Cheers,

Michele