finetune OpenSSH Server to pass over the 3MB/s limit

(=?utf-8?q?=60=60-=5F-=C2=B4=C2=B4?=) -- Fernando ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Mon Oct 15 20:24:13 UTC 2007

On Monday 15 October 2007 12:00:24 Ruben Laban wrote:
> On Saturday 13 October 2007, (``-_-´´) -- Fernando wrote:
> > It seems that everytime I use a connection to my SSH server (on my laptop
> > with Ubuntu), I cant transfer data with speeds above to 3MB/s (on an
> > Ethernet LAN). Is there any option I need to set so speed goes higher?
>
> If the SSH server is a low end machine, it probably just can't handle the
> encryption for higher speeds. Does the load of the server spike when
> transferring at 3MB/s?

The machine is my laptop, a 1.7GHz Pentium M with 1GB RAM.
The load usually doesnt go much higher then usual.

One extra thing.
Usually, I either use DHCP, or manually set IP  (if using cross over cables) when experience this speeds.
Yesterday I tried using AutoDiscover IPs (those 169.X.X.X) and notice an increase in speed, reaching 6MB/s.
Can that have anything to do with it?

--
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)	http://Ubuntu.BUGabundo.net