installing Ubuntu

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sat Oct 13 14:46:45 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 22:02 -0700, davig wrote:
> hey
> i want to install Ubuntu, but i'm not sure if my windows xp (sp1) files and
> apps. will stay on the hard(dual-boot Ubuntu/windows Xp)

During installation you have the option to resize your Windows
partition. A dual boot menu will automatically be set up.
Nevertheless, it is always a good idea to have a backup of your data,
and optionally of your OS. Mistakes can and do happen, probably mostly
on the users' side, but also sometimes on the programmers'.

Read details here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WindowsDualBoot
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GraphicalInstall#head-49944d8626113375eea234aa41d06d657ae5d6bf