issue with viewing apps in full-screen with F11

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Wed Oct 3 22:19:49 UTC 2007

On ke, 2007-10-03 at 17:48 -0300, Felipe Figueiredo wrote:
> On 10/3/07, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 03/10/2007, Felipe Figueiredo <philsf79 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > F11 toggles full-screen mode in Firefox and AFAIK /only/ in Firefox.
> > It sounds like it's doing exactly what it's meant to.
>
> Ok, so I was wrong to assume it was a gnome general full-screen
> feature. But evince also uses it, along with firefox.
>
> My problem could even be an evince-specific mis-configuration problem.
> Does this help anyone giving me answers?

I had to go and check this, because either I'm crazy or I've been using
F11 quite qommonly to toggle full screen in different applications.
Quickly looking I found out that at least Epiphany, gThumb, F-Spot,
Totem and most Gnome games use it. So it seems to me that those Gnome
applications which do have a full screen mode, typically use F11.

Ari Torhamo