Anyone using a color laser printer?

Carl Spitzer cwsiv at keepandbeararms.com
Mon Nov 26 21:54:07 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 09:37 -0500, Brian McKee wrote:

> On 6-Nov-07, at 3:49 AM, Terence Wong wrote:
>
> > I am testing Lexmark C532 and C534, both work fine on Ubuntu.
> > Brother 4050CDN also works on Ubuntu.  They are all colour laser
> > printers.
>
> What do you think of the Lexmark units?  I'm considering one for
> work.  I've not used a colour laser before - is the picture quality
> roughly equal to an average inkjet?  or ?   Any comments you care to
> make appreciated.

Lexmark is fine in SuSE so it should work in Debian and its children like Ubuntu.

Only one thing do not get a all in one cartridge as the colors run out at different rates.
Get a 4x4 which is separate cartridges for each color including black, the one most used.
If you go for a lazer then get one with HP compatibility as Linux supports them all but
not necessarily every printers native modes.

         o      _____            |  CWSIV at KeepAndBearArms.com  |