Anyone using a color laser printer?

Albert Charron albert at albertcharron.name
Tue Nov 6 02:41:46 UTC 2007

Bill Moseley wrote:
> I need a new printer.  Both my older postscript LaserJet and Epson
> Photo printers are on their way out.
>
> I want color, but the inkjets tend to clog since I print very
> infrequently.  So, I'm wondering about a color laser printer.
>
> They are a bit more money, but should be less expensive over time.
>
> One that I looked at is the HP2600n, network printer.  But, the linux
> support seems iffy (lots of remarks about poor color images in linux).
>
> Anyone using this printer, or can recommend something else?
>
> Thanks,

We have a HP Color LaserJet 2605dn where I work (same printer as the
2600n except for the duplex unit) and it works fine (both color and b/w
documents... didn't try to print photo, but I didn't try that with Doze
either) under linux (tried it under multiple flavours, and on Ubuntu, I
used it with Dapper, Feisty and Gutsy).  I have more problems with it
under Windoze than on Linux (Win2k printer driver just crash the spooler
on the computers... doh!).

  Albert Charron
  Linux Counter member #157482
  Registered computers: 195048, 361906