Running 32bit applications on a 64bit system

Anthony Papillion papillion at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 19:26:11 UTC 2007

Gilles:

Thanks for your input. I was seriously thinking about installing the
32 bit system later today and your response just confirmed that I
should. While I am a developer, I usually don't find myself
manipulating exceptionally large data structures or any of the other
"why you should have 64bit" points you mentioned so, for now, my needs
remain for a stable 32bit desktop OS that I can run most of my regular
applications in.

When I originally chose the 64bit version, it was based on my
assumption that, since my hardware was 64bit, my OS should be too. I
did notice the sluggish performance you mentioned and I attributed it
to my systems shortcomings (1.8Ghz w/1GB RAM). Now, I'm seeing it
might also have to do with the version of the OS I chose.

Thanks again. I'm going to download the 32bit version now.

Thanks,
Anthony P.