what would you do?

James Takac p3nndrag0n at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 23:20:47 UTC 2007

On Monday 26 November 2007 06:12:40 norman wrote:
> I am in the process of setting up a new PC with Edubuntu and Windows.
> The version of Windows I intended to use was win 2K because I own a
> copy. Imagine my chagrin when, after installing the win 2K, I tried to
> use the disc supplied to set up the motherboard only to be informed that
> I needed XP or Vista. I suppose that if I did not want to dual boot then
> Edubuntu would take care of things.
>
> What would you do chums?
>
> Norman

Hi Norman

You don't mention why you are tol you need xp or vista. My guess is that it's
driver related, i.e. hardware not supported by the install of 2000. Also are
you saying that 2000 just won't install period or that it complains a bit? If
the later you MIGHT be able to hunt up drivers online. Personally if 2000 is
going to be such a pain, I'd toss it and do a full ubuntu install

James