Evolution vs Thunderbird

Sam Przyswa samp at arial-concept.com
Mon Nov 19 13:47:25 UTC 2007

Le vendredi 16 novembre 2007 à 11:03 +0100, Ulf Rompe a écrit :
> Am Donnerstag, den 15.11.2007, 19:46 +0100 schrieb Sam Przyswa:
> > I developed on Hylafax HTML mail to receive faxes but even this basic
> > HTLM mail is not correctly displayed...

> Furthermore, I'm pretty sure the problem is gtkhtml related. So the only
> thing evolution could do about it would be to drop gtkhtml in favour of
> Gecko.

I think to.

> There's one option I could imagine: Evolution has an extension
> interface, so it should be practicable to write an extension that shows
> an additional menu entry called "Open in Firefox". Now that I think of
> it, that would be great! Smells like an addition to my congested Todo
> list.

Hmm, just to work around Evolution bug, I prefere back to Thunderbird.

> > I tryed to send some examples of wrong display to the Evolution list
> > but the attached images are deleted from the mail by the list
> > manager :-(
>
> Upload your image to an image hoster like http://imageshack.us/ and
> include the resulting URL into your mailing list posts.

Ok, first look this mail from Templates Monster as it appear in
Evolution:

http://www.arial-concept.com/Images/Evolution-html.png

And how it must be displayed:

http://www.arial-concept.com/Images/Evolution-html2.png

second our mails sent by Hylafax server as it displayed in Evolution:

http://www.arial-concept.com/Images/Evolution-html3.png

And how it must be:

http://www.arial-concept.com/Images/Evolution-html4.png

> > I don't understand if this problem is known why is not fixed...
>
> I think it's kind of a compromise between stability, security and
> feature richness. I'm happy not having a JavaScript enabled mail reader.
> However,

We have MailScanner/Spamassassin/PostfixPolicyd to check mails content
and disarm CGI call before send mails. It's nice to take care of
security but in these case there is no security problem but a bug.

> interactively opening selected mails in Firefox would be a nice
> option.

It's not my opinion, it should be better to fix the gtkhtml bug or use
Gecko. Evolution it's very nice and work faster than Thunderbird but I
can't advice to my user/customers to use it, I know in advance the
reactions :-(

Thanks a lot to spend time for this problem and your nice reply.

Sam.

--
Ce message a été vérifié par MailScanner
suspect n'a été trouvé.