[Feisty 7.04] System Log doesn't work and question about System Restore

John Toliver john.toliver at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 15:41:09 UTC 2007

Scenario:
I break break ubuntu somehow but I'm smart enough to hook up the HDD to
another machine and copy the /home/user folder.  then I wipe the install
and do it fresh.  then I copy the /home/user folder I backed up and
overwrite the the newly created /home/user folder.  When I download and
install thunderbird and open it up for the first time, I will see my
messages as they were before I crashed the system?