does linux have a "did you mean......" component for the command line like Google?

Edgars Šmits ed.smits at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 07:43:52 UTC 2007

or try apropos...

edgars at gutsy-64:~$ apropos smb
cupsaddsmb (8)       - export printers to samba for windows clients
findsmb (1)          - list info about machines that respond to SMB
name queries on a subnet
fs (5)               - Linux filesystem types: minix, ext, ext2, ext3,
xia, msdos, umsdos, vfat, proc, nfs, iso9660, hpfs, sysv, smb, ncpfs
libsmbclient (7)     - An extension library for browsers and that can
be used as a generic browsing API.
samba (7)            - A Windows SMB/CIFS fileserver for UNIX
smb.conf (5)         - The configuration file for the Samba suite
smbcacls (1)         - Set or get ACLs on an NT file or directory names
smbclient (1)        - ftp-like client to access SMB/CIFS resources on servers
smbcquotas (1)       - Set or get QUOTAs of NTFS 5 shares
smbget (1)           - wget-like utility for download files over SMB
smbgetrc (5)         - configuration file for smbget
smbpasswd (5)        - The Samba encrypted password file
smbpasswd (8)        - change a user's SMB password
smbspool (8)         - send a print file to an SMB printer
smbtar (1)           - shell script for backing up SMB/CIFS shares
directly to UNIX tape drives
smbtree (1)          - A text based smb network browser
testparm (1)         - check an smb.conf configuration file for
internal correctness
edgars at gutsy-64:~$

ED